Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful of 2010

When I was a kid, I could cry just about every Christmas. It was not because I did not get that toy from the store or I wanted to stay up with late with everyone else. It's because I felt so guilty for receiving presents when all I really wanted was right there in front of me. I didn't deserve such things- I just wanted a hug from my family- they had already done so much for me. Don't get me wrong- it's nice to get things from time to time. I appreciate the gesture! But I knew they loved me, that was enough.

That sense of gratitude has never faded. Thanksgiving is supposed to be a day to give thanks and recognize the blessings in our life. Well... we should be grateful every day and simply take this as an excuse to pig out. That's how I view it at least! However, it would not hurt the world to take one minute and really think...

What are you thankful for?

Well. For starters...

I am thankful for my health and that of my family/friends. Other than left shoulder blade area constantly complaining from dancing on it- ish is on point.

My beautiful family. They are not perfect- they're actually a bit of a handful. Mom raised me right and I have been surrounded by positivity. I wish my father could learn to love and grow with us- but that's his path. Dad you got my number, hit me up sometime.

Having a freaking job! Yes- this is far from my dream but damn. In this economy, I cannot complain. It's steady and keeps me out of trouble.

The roof over my dome and a nice kitchen to wreck havoc in; sorry Mom! I'll try to get them dishes cleaned faster.

The friends. Ya'll suck but I love you to death. We're all in that funky phase of life and the winds have blown us in all sorts of directions. I miss you punks but we're all out, conquering the world one day at a time. And those of you in Korea, get your butts home this instant.

The successful birth of Baby Daniels. Congratulations Jess and Erick! I cannot wait to see her.

And who could forget... Bruce, Parker, and yes... Autumn. These are my constant companions that will cuddle me when I'm sad and pass out on my chest when I'm stressed. I truly cannot imagine a world without these three abusing me.

The trials and tribulations of daily life are nothing compared to what others face. Keep that in perspective and remain too grateful to be hateful. Love the life you live-- and live the life you love.