Sunday, February 9, 2020

Pastel de Flores Para Flor


It's been several months since I've been able to post anything on this actual blog- relying more on Instagram to feel plugged into the baking world. That's because working full time and taking care of our little Acorn (daughter) is all consuming - in the best way possible. I've still been baking and trying new recipes but it's hard to take pictures. We're always on a deadline and running out the door. My husband has been amazing, giving me time to still pursue my interests in the kitchen. Thank you, amor!



This sweet little number was for my beautiful friend's birthday. How fitting that in keeping with her name, Flor, she picked a flower theme! This is the third cake that I have had the honor of making for her birthday - the first being a Sailor Moon theme and the second was Harry Potter. Every year, Flor sets me up with a new challenge. It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! She means the world to me, so I want things to be perfect. Fortunately, she loves me too and appreciates my effort. Thank you, darling!

The colors were in the pink family- she's a super tough girly girl! Included with the cake were chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. And so I made it rain..

... pink, rose, and white buttercream flower petals!

 
 


Happy birthday gorgeous! Thank you again for trusting me with your birthday confections! Te amo!

--- special thanks to my MIL for helping transport this precarious load to the party : )

Pastel de Flores Para Flor 

Rose cupcakes made with a 1M tip
Hydrangea cupcakes made with 104 tip - tutorial available by I am Baker
Chocolate cake from The Stay at Home Chef
Cake roses made with petal tip 126 - check out Preppy Kitchen