Friday, May 21, 2010

Puppy Parade in Maryland

Beautiful weather, good company, frozen yogurt, and puppies. Who could ask for a better day? The 5th annual Strutt Your Mutt puppy parade was held in Bethesda, Maryland. I found out about this event through my girlfriend Dskco. She really does know everything poppin in the DMV. This event is a nice oppurtunity for shelters and vendors to get some publicity. Thanks to all the puppies and their kind owners. Special thanks to the Rotary Club of Bethesda for hosting this event!

I love all animals. What I love most about dogs is they are just as happy to see me as I am to see them. There's that unmistakable grin and wiggly butt that I can't help imitate. Animals are pure and innocent. There's something refreshing and uplifting about that. If I could, I would have a farm full of animals.

I've never been to downtown Bethesda so this was a real treat. There are no cookie cutter homes- they're beautiful old houses kept in pristine condition. I could not help but oo and aww as we drove through. The downtown section is very clean and boojie. There are plenty of nice shops and restaurants; good for an evening stroll and dinner.

The boyfriend and I got there before our friends. We took advantage and grabbed some frozen yogurt from Sweetgreen. This is real frozen yogurt- none of that sugar blasted crap. There are a million yogurt shops like this popping up all over the place. My tummy aint complaining!

After yogurt, it was time to pet all the puppies. We brought our Jack Russell- Jack. Yes- I know he's a stuffed animal but this is as good as it gets for now. It was cute to see all the owners so willing to let their pups pose with mine. Jack was a little sensation in himself.

So remember to keep your eyes peeled for next year! This is an event you do not want to miss!