Friday, February 18, 2011

Horizons Deep

"The horizon is the apparent line that separates earth from sky, the line that divides all visible directions into two categories: those that intersect the Earth's surface, and those that do not. At many locations, the true horizon is obscured by trees, buildings, mountains, etc., and the resulting intersection of earth and sky is called the visible horizon."

Horizons deep. What separates us from reality and dreams? For all our preconceived notions, norms, expectations, inhibitions, and socialized behaviors... they're just the trees, building, mountains, etc. getting in the way of our view. The visible horizon.

There's so much more to the "true horizon."

The randomness of life. Got a phone call the other day out of the blue. Next thing I know, I'm on the Blue Line heading to the heart of DC with the game face on. Interview time. I'm sure you've guessed my little surprise!

Today is the last day at my job in Alexandria. Moving on up. I am officially on the Metro Status. The proper reaction is to do a back flip but I'm actually really mellow. I'll have a set of keys to the townhouse in my hands in a few hours and a whole new world of responsibility. I'm going to give it a year or two, and take it from there. Cali? You never know, that's an unsettling/thrilling fact of life.

To new horizons. Forever grateful. Lord I need a cupcake and a shot!