Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day 2012

Relax! I am not going to belabor you with the run of the mill Valentine's Day cliches or cynicism. I just wanted to tell you that you are special and deserve good things


We've all been there. The pity party pint gallon of ben&jerrie's on a Saturday night. The crush. The roller coaster romance. The horrible break up. The involuntary twitch when "the ex" is referenced. 

The beginning of new and exciting possibilities. 

I'm not saying you have to be in a relationship to be happy. Heck, I loved being single: no stress, no heartache, and no pressure. I have never done well with "restrictions"- it's so much easier when there's nobody to answer to. The sheer thought of a date put a knot in my tummy.  


Then I met Mike. *releases doves* It is a matter of finding the right person. Who is the "right person?" The one who will take care of your soul and inspire you for a lifetime.  

Wherever you are in life...

Know your worth and do not settle.  Be yourself. Communicate with your ears, then mouth. Practice manners. Smile. Hug all the freaking time. Pay genuine compliments. Let go of insecurities. Be honest. If there is no trust, there is no love, period. Don't cuss at one another... unless you're into that. Have confidence in yourself, your partner, and your place within the relationship. Hold hands as if your holding the world in your palms. Have more appreciation for the wonders of the world, for one exists with you. Share your passions; support theirs. Accept nothing short of the same in return. If they don't treat you right, I will kick them very hard in the shins.

And relax.

Happy Valentine's Day!


PS. Thanks for helping me write this amor- you the best. Whale kiss!