Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting and a Monday Tangent


Before I go off the deep end with a tangent, I wanted to share these lovely Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting. I made them as minis because they are so rich and decadent; they were like shots of yumminess. The cake is light like devil's food and you can never go wrong with fluffy nutella topping. They are very easy to make and even easier to enjoy. Thanks Sweetapolita for the recipe!

~

The fragility of life. A good friend and I have this conversation at least once a month. Maybe we're a touch neurotic but I think a lot of people share these thoughts. Honestly I don't know how anybody could avoid them.  The key is how you let these thoughts shape your life. 


You COULD curl up into a ball of anxiety; you COULD be overwhelmed with indecision; you COULD be depressed; you COULD live in fear. But as I said to my late avĂ´, if you're going to live like this, you may as well be dead. You're alive, so please, act on it. Happiness is a state of mind.

Easier said than done. 


In our most recent conversation, I jokingly told my friend that I should seek therapy now just to brace myself for the future. He said take the time with the therapist and spend it in on somebody you love. That made me smile. I know all these positive, beautiful, and warm things. Life is so rich and amazing.

Yet still. The moment my brain tunes in on a "threat," it's all downhill and I switch to over-analytical. I need answers and a sense of control. One time in college, after a bio-cognitive neuroscience class, I spent about 5 minutes asking the professor "why" over and over again. I wasn't being a smart ass- I was frustrated and dissatisfied with their responses. There are some things we simply do not know and I have never done well with uncertainty. It would seem life doesn't want to share these answers so easily; that... or I am just not listening. Seriously, what's the point of all this?


In there lies the epic quest so many hearts voyage. Call it what you want, meaning of life, soul-searching, blah blah blah. The only thing certain is worrying doesn't help and it is a waste of energy. Be strong and negate those anxieties.  When, not if, shit happens- you will fight like a lil tiger. Define yourself.

Personally. I want to be brave. I want to be a good person and help others. Shower the people I love in affection. Expression. Cook/bake a million things. Dance. Laugh. Argue. Draw. Read. Run. Explore. Travel. Board games. Sunsets. Sunrises. Stars. Hugs. Hold Mike's hand.


So shake it off. 

Relax. 

Please stop worrying.

Eat a cupcake. 

and have a Happy Monday! *hugs*