Sunday, July 21, 2013

Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes






My brain is having a difficult time focusing because my body feels like it's in college. I'm tired. But not the type of tired from going to work every day; it's satisfying and makes you smile for no apparent reason. My body feels light... cloudy. I earned this tired. The track on replay is "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk and Pharrell. I fell in love hard with Pharrell's (Clipse/Neptunes) sound in 2002 and haven't stopped since.

So why the music high? Recently, the hubby and I have got back into the groove of going to dance practice. It's was shaky for the past year or two because of new jobs, moving, getting married, and all the details in between. We lost two of our regular spots which was extremely frustrating and didn't have the energy to look for a new one.  


For the past two weeks, we've been going to a local studio and it's been... delightfully brutal. Doors open at 9:30pm and we go hard until about 11pm. There's good vibes, decent music, and enough space to do your own thing. It was a fantastic reminder of how much I love to dance (especially next to Mike). And how hard I can hit the snooze button on a work day. 

It's all good though. Passion transforms exhaustion into a thoughtful reminder. Now all we need is someone to make us breakfast the morning after! Mike and I are always ravenous the next day and a banana just doesn't cut it. My thoughts blissfully drifted to these Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes from No Recipes that I made a few weeks back.

While reading up on these Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes, I learned two cool tips that intrigued me. First, make sure the butter is melted before adding it to the pancake mix. This will ensure that the flavor is evenly distributed because there are no clumps. Seems logical enough. 
 

Second, use wild blueberries. I hate to show my naivety, but I didn't even know there was such a thing as wild blueberries! Apparently they are smaller in size and the flavor is much more condensed. This helps to reduce the wateriness that tends to happen when using regular blueberries. I thought I would have a hard time finding some but there they were, in our local grocery store freezer!


The flavor is like no other blueberry pancake I've encountered! They are light and airy, which is how I think a blueberry pancake should taste. Density is fine for a stack of cold weather lumber jack pancakes, but these are summer-time delights! I really enjoyed having so many blueberries incorporated into the mix. They're so sweet, you don't need any extra sweetness on top.

The feedback from Mike: "They're delicious. I wanted more of them." Nuff said.


Sophisticated and delicious! This is the type of pancake one would serve at a fancy brunch without having to go up and beyond. Maybe add a little bit of lemon zest to the batter to make it sing? Ooo la la! I can't wait for round two!

For the recipe, hustle on over to No Recipes!