Monday, January 6, 2014

Overnight Apple Fritter Monkey Bread


Ever have one of those moments where you could have sworn you put something, somewhere... and then you couldn't find it? The memory is vivid but upon closer inspection, the details begin to blur. I am notorious for doing this with keys. It's one of those annoyances in life that are kick-able. In the end, you sound like a scratched record, "I could have sworn I put them right over here!" with a dangerous look in your eye. Just the one!

Well. That's what happened to this post as well as another that was on the same memory card. I could have sworn that the files were on my computer and wiped out the camera. There goes a beautiful Vanilla Bean Extract post taken in our winter wonderland back porch. It had one of the best pictures I've done to date- even Mike coo'ed when he saw the afternoon sun catching the light of the bottle. C'est la vie.


Fortunately, I snapped a few pictures of this Overnight Apple Fritter Monkey Bread via phone on the drive up to Woodbridge this past Christmas. I was so excited to share this recipe, phone pictures will have to suffice! My sister is a Monkey Bread lover while the husband is an Apple Fritter fiend. This bread capture the best of both worlds and was a total sensation. I was floored by the apple flavor throughout the bread thanks to the apple juice incorporated in the dough as well as slices of caramelized apple. It's fluffy, light and tons of fun to eat. The glaze is a beautiful and tasty adornment. As I'm sure many of you will appreciate, it can be prepped the night before and baked the next day- a blessing during the holiday bustle.  

The recipe can found at the blog, "Barbara Bakes" under her Overnight Apple Fritter Monkey Bread post. It earns one mega gold star from myself and the family. Thank you Barbara for an incredible recipe and I cannot wait to make it again. Hooray!