Monday, August 20, 2018

"We'll Miss You" Cake


This is a quick post-it note for a cake that I made for a going-away-party. It was made for a friend's co-worker who was leaving their happy team at an elementary school. Though I don't know the person, I could tell she was going to be sorely missed by her peers and they insisted on nothing but the best. That meant using the, "good butter" and premium vanilla extract. I relied on the old faithful recipes including this vanilla cake with Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves - a house specialty. The cake is frosted in my favorite swiss buttercream but the flowers needed a firmer frosting to withstand the the summer heat.


These are my favorite types of cake to decorate because of their rustic simplicity. I love doing a imperfect buttercream base and topping it off with flowers. The flowers are piped with a basic 1M and the leaves are done with a Wilton 67. There's still nothing more nerve wracking than having to pipe letters but it will never get better without practice!

♥ As always, it's an honor to be asked to bake for people's special occasions