Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Decadent Brownies


This past Valentine's day, the hubby and I got the notion of hot fudge sundae brownies in our head. A daring thought, considering my weak-sauce sweet tooth. What ends up happening is I ditch the ice cream to focus on the chocolate, while my husband fends off my "picking" with a spoon. It's not a good look. I could honestly just eat straight hot fudge and almonds/walnuts- spare us both the battle- but where's the sport in that? : )


As you can see, our ambitions shot past reality. We settled on making just brownies and I made sure to cut them into bite-sized hearts to slow us down. I offered to make Paleo brownies (which I find divine and fudgey) but we decided that if you're going to be bad - be bad. Thus, these brownies from I am Baker were made.

They are truly bad. In a decadent way. How do you know it's bad? When the sugar content doubles the amount of flour in the recipe. Throw in some chocolate chunks and you got a real diablo.  I used bittersweet chips and turbinado sugar instead of brown sugar, giving it a little texture. These are rich and the iconic brownie. You can easily double this recipe for a 9x13 pan.

Check out I am Baker to get the recipe for these sinful, "Decadent Brownies"