Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Teddy Bear Chocolate Chip Cookies


Food is a big way that I show love. Lately, it's been tough to find time to bake/cook. When I started this little food journal, I was a single gal just going on a suggestion from a good friend to chronicle my adventures in the kitchen. It's hard to believe that was over 10 years ago. Now, my time in the kitchen is very limited but it's for good reasons. When I do get a few minutes to play with my mint green stand mixer, it's usually to come up with something for our daughter.  I'm head over heels for that kid  I'm always looking for recipes that are healthy and/or cute to surprise her. 


When I saw these bears on Instagram and how easy they were to make - I decided to take a run at it! I think the end result was pretty good. Our little lady was so pleased, that the next time I made cookies she was puzzled and asked for the bears again. I think we got a keeper! In terms of flavor, it's a standard issue chocolate chip cookie - butter and brown sugar, true as it gets. 

One slight difference is that I used white chocolate and regular chocolate to decorate the bears faces while the source material made a powder sugar mix. Honestly, I watched the video and just ran with it. Didn't even know this detail! I don't keep red food coloring around so I warmed the end of a strawberry pocky stick we just happened to have for kiddos. I wouldn't recommend using the pocky stick though - it was a bit tedious! 



For the cookie recipe, tutorial, and more inspiration in the adorable world of baking, check out Bites By Bianca. Love that name, by the way! Happy baking!