Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Birthday Cake with Dora the Explorer


This cake and cupcakes were made in honor of my friend's daughter's 2nd birthday! Happy birthday little Fernanda - we love you so much! The theme was Dora the Explorer and we went with simple cake toppers for decoration. Luckily, since it's an older show, I was able to find some on Facebook Marketplace and my brother went the extra mile to pick them up (thank you, Joey). 





For the flavor, I went with Fernanda's mom's favorite - Chocolate Cake with raspberry filling. I make it for them on almost every special occasion. The lady knows what she likes! The cupcakes both vanilla and chocolate (same as cake recipe). I will say... I used a different butter than usual because it was slightly cheaper and boy was there a difference. It was much thicker, making frosting difficult. Next time, I will stick with Kerrigold if I have to use a dairy-based product. 

Resources

Chocolate Cake Recipe

Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes

Swiss Buttercream Frosting
From Smitten Kitchen