Wednesday, March 31, 2010

West Virginia

My sister is a character. She's beautiful, smart as a whip, sweet yet sarcastic, loves shoes, flaming liberal, and chill. She met her husband in undergrad and they moved back to his home state of West Virginia.

At first, I thought she was crazy. This girl can crush a day shopping. She's grew up in Northern VA and went to law school in California- not exactly the same lifestyle. I visited her for the 2nd time this weekend and I must say- I like Charleston! It's natural, lush, and laid back. Plus- there's some damn good food and art.

We went to Bluegrass Kitchen for dinner. I really loved the decor! The table lights had graf on them. We had the Beer Cheese Fondue and Crab Rangoon with Mango Marmalade appetizers. I had the Perfect Chicken (delicious!), Susana had the 1/2 Pound Hamburger (yum), Joe had Bourbon Trout & Grits (his favorite there), and Phannarith had Roast Chicken Quesadilla (meh, not impressed). The chips and salsa were perfectly paired.
Tudor's Biscuits were breakfast while heading out. Throw away all your hopes of being healthy. These bad boys are some salted butter biscuits with your choice of meat and egg. I had a side of apples and there was some hash brown action as well. This was simple and sinful.


Also, we had some amazing jerky that comes from Tennessee. My bro-in-law recommended it and drove us out to the only gas station that sells it. I'll have to double check the spelling though.
Country roads, take me home!